Branch Librarian Clarkson
- Permanent Full Time
- Salary from $71,449 to $84,005 PA
A fantastic career opportunity exists to lead the team at Clarkson and Yanchep/Two Rocks Library, the busiest branch in the Wanneroo Library Service, with almost 500,000 visitors annually. The position of Branch Librarian is a key leadership role with responsibility for team support and development, and managing day-to-day operations of both Clarkson and Yanchep/Two Rocks Libraries. We are seeking candidates with a deep understanding of the role of public libraries in the community and experience in engaging and leading customer-centred teams.
The key areas of responsibility are:
- Leads improvements to library processes and services to implement best practice library service delivery.
- Leads the successful introduction of programs and services to support key target audiences.
- Leads changes at the Clarkson and Yanchep/Two Rocks library buildings to provide relevant and well used spaces for collaboration and independent use by the community.
- Leads ongoing community engagement to ensure our facilities, collections and services are relevant and well used, while establishing and maintaining strong relationships with stakeholders.
- Advises and contributes to the enhancement of Cultural Development services in the northern coastal corridor.
- Leads the development of staff to ensure they have the capability and skills to support modern library services.
- Contributes to forward planning processes, particularly in relation to the needs of the local community.
- Fulfil the objectives of the City of Wanneroo in accordance with approved plans, policies, procedures and guidelines.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A tertiary qualification that confers eligibility for Associate Membership of Australian Library & Information Association.
- Demonstrated understanding of the role/s of public libraries in communities and a customer-centred approach to service delivery.
- Ability to implement a range of public library programs and activities in the context of community building, lifelong learning and literacy development.
- Commitment and ability to work effectively in a team based environment, to engage and lead staff within a branch setting, as well as the ability to work independently.
- High level communication and interpersonal skills, including the capacity to build relationships with diverse community members and to foster and maintain positive partnerships with key stakeholders.
Applicants must be willing to participate in a drug & alcohol test and may be required to undergo a pre-employment medical assessment to determine their fitness to carry out the duties of this position.
To apply for this position, you must provide evidence of your right to work in Australia and be willing to provide a National Police Clearance no older than six months.